Howei Data Deletion Policy Summary
1. Howei provides users with full control over their data, including what data is retained and what data is deleted.
2. End users can request all or part of their data to be deleted by sending an email to email@example.com. Once the request is confirmed and approved, Howei will delete their data.
3. Organisers and customers can request data to be deleted for all or some of their users. The request can be initiated by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with details of the data deletion request (type of data to delete, users to delete, time frame of deletion, etc).
Howei Data Deletion Policy
1. Purpose This document sets out our policy for responding to requests for deletion of data under Malaysian data protection law. This document explains the rights of the data subject in relation to data deletion and the responsibilities of Howei in responding with such a request.
2. Individual Rights An individual has the right to erasure, also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’. The principle underpinning this right is to enable an individual to request the deletion or removal of personal data where there is no compelling reason for its continued processing.
3. When does the right to erasure apply? Individuals have a right to have personal data erased and to prevent processing in specific circumstances:
• Where the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was originally collected/processed;
• When the individual withdraws consent;
• When the individual objects to the processing and there is no other legal ground for the relevant processing activity;
• When the personal data was unlawfully processed;
• Where the personal data has to be erased in order to comply with a legal obligation.
5. How can data be deleted? If you have signed up for an account or an event directly from Howei, Howei acts as data controller. In this case, we will delete your data upon request (via email to email@example.com), upon closure of your account, or after three years. If an organization purchases access to the Howei Online Account, Howei acts as the data processor and the Organizer acts as data controller. In this case, it is the responsibility of the Organizer, as data controller, to ensure that data is not held longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is intended. A user of the Howei Online Account, acting on behalf of their organization, can delete data from their system whenever they wish. This data is deleted from the system immediately and cannot be recovered by any users or Howei employees after this point. Data which has been deleted or otherwise destroyed can not be recovered at any time. Sufficient warning is given to the account administrator before data is permanently deleted. Data may still remain in the systems back-up files, which will be deleted periodically. Information may be deleted from our system upon request to firstname.lastname@example.org. We undertake to perform the deletion within one month (30 calendar days) and will send you a confirmation once the information has been deleted. Wherever possible, we will aim to complete the request in advance of the deadline.